Waterfall less than 10 minutes from the Northwoods Motel and Ski-Inn Condos.
Make yourself comfortable in our recently updated motel rooms and enjoy the great outdoors in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Includes 32" flat-screen TV's, updated bathrooms and many other renovations - offering exceptional customer service.
Just off Lake Superior, you have some of the best snowmobiling, skiing, ATV/ORV riding, mountain biking and hiking. Or just relax and enjoy the beautiful Lake Superior mountain scenery, including waterfalls and wildlife.
Learn about Michigan's Upper Peninsula where you can explore the depths of a mine, a shipwreck, climb to the top of a lighthouse, explore a colonial fort, and hear the roar of mighty waterfalls.
Convenient restaurants in Bessemer and Wakefield, and nearby ski resorts - Big Snow and Big Powderhorn.
Brochures are available featuring local events, festivities, and places to visit.
24-hour exterior security surveillance, with management available 24-hours.
Upper Peninsula snowmobiling by Northwoods Motel
Big Snow Resort skiing near Northwoods Motel in U.P.
Click here for Michigan Fishing Regulations. Call us for Daily, Weekly and Special Rates.
* Brook trout season opens every May. Call for dates.
* Walleye fishing opener is 2nd weekend in May.
* Bikers/ATV/ORV start your ride here and enjoy the scenic south boundary road ride to the Porcupine Mountains.
* Local areas host 4th of July festivities. Minimum of 5 fireworks displays near our motel and condos.
* American Power Boat Association (APBA) on Sunday Lake in Wakefield, MI every other summer. Call for dates.
* Gogebic County Fair mid August
* Ice Fishing on Lake Gogebic and Sunday Lake. Fishing tournaments on many lakes in the Gogebic County area, with one on Sunday Lake in February.
* 3 Casinos within 1 hour drive!
Upper Peninsula for Best Snowmobiling
Ample parking for trailers, etc.
Western U.P. averages 200 inches of snowfall annually
Over 990,000 acres for your recreation
Voted number 1 for Best Snowmobiling in the United States 5 times out of the last 6 years!
Trail maps available
Use of the on-site Quonset hut for self repairs
It is legal to ride snowmobiles and ATVs on all of Wakefield and Bessemer streets, and parts of Ironwood & Marenisco streets.
Snowmobile trails are groomed with state-of–the-art equipment and located in areas most accommodating for snowmobilers. See trail map.
We are within 3 miles of major ski mountains in Michigan!
Big Snow Resort (Indianhead and Blackjack mountains)
Big Powderhorn Mountain Resort
Northwoods Motel is located at the entrance to
Big Snow Resort.